Well, here it is...the fabric for Snap's room decor. I found the ABC material on a bumper pad and found some other fabric to compliment it...I hope it does! I really love all the fabrics. My only concern is that the ABC fabric is on a beigeish fabric and the rest is white. White goes with everything doesn't it?! Too late if it doesn't!
(Back story) I already had a complete crib set and then one day, (with the help of Lisa) I decided I couldn't do it for a neutral nursery. It just felt too girly with the mint green and yellow fabric. I thought bolder and brighter would be better, so, I went back to the drawing board and do feel much better about my current choice.
My husband was/is beginning to think I am going crazy over a silly room, as evidenced by questions posed to me similar to the following (no babe, they are probably not exactly what you said, but close): "How often do you think you will actual be in there?" "How many hours do you intend to spend in Snap's room?" "Do you really think Snap will care what colors you place he/she on to go to bed?" "Do you think if Snap is a boy he will hate us for using mint green and yellow?
Here's the jist of is...I just want to sit in the nursery before the baby's arrival and feel so happy with my creation! :) That's not too much for a new mommy to be to ask is it?!


5 comments:
LOVE it! Those fabrics compliment the ABC's perfectly. My faves are the stripes and stars! The finished curtain is very cute! I am so happy that you are so happy with it. I do like it better than the original you had (for going neutral especially) and doesn't it make it that much more fun that you helped create it?!?!
You need to find some big bright stars to put on the walls. Like those rustic ones that are popular right now, but in bright colors.
YEAH!
YES...DARLING!!! i do love it. you did so good! you need to trust your ability to whip out something cute a little more! you didn't even need our help...it came together so perfectly. i am with lis...LOVE the stars and stripes. and some stars on the walls would be adorable. and i'll keep my eyes out for some ABC letters you can put on the walls. LOVE IT SISTER!!!
And Grandma can't wait to start sewing!!!
Fun fabrics and ideas! The stars would be a fun touch. There are many sizes and colors at Craft Warehouse. . . we will have to take a look when you come home!
Love you,
Mom
I sure wish I were closer so I could do some things for you you, but I think you much more fortunate to have Aunt Elizabeth close by!!! Your Mom will have a ball helping you too!
We can't wait to see you!!!!!
We love you!
Lauren wants me to tell you that she looked at the pictures and she thinks it's a girl. She also thinks you should really name it Snap. She says, "be fine with the baby in your tummy and the baby be fine in your tummy and when the baby grows up her can play with me." Or, if you don't want to name her Snap "you could name her a princess name like Ariel or Belle. Just do Belle because her is the coolest. If it's a boy you should name it George. If you have two babies, a girl and a boy you should call the girl Belle and the boy George. If you take care of the baby really good the baby won't do bad stuff. And that's all that I'm sending."
Post a Comment