Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tuscany Triple

Sarah Jane completed her first triathlon and from the moment she jumped into the pool she was hooked. While transitioning from the swim to the bike she excitedly asked, "Mom, when can I do this again?  This is so fun."  The entire bike ride and run were filled with similar sentiments; all of which made this mama proud.

The triathlon was held in a neighborhood here in Meridian and was for ages 3-12 and we were joined by her BFF. Sadly, Luke cried the entire drive over because he wanted to swim, bike, and run too.  It's no fun be the little guy.

Initially, Sarah wanted Richard to help her with the swim across the pool, but as her turn drew near, she decided she would be fine in just her life jacket, so that's what we did.  She was amazing.  When they said, "On your marks, get set, GO!", she was in the water and off.  Her swim lessons came in handy, and she performed a mean "superman float" accompanied by" boil the water kicks."

The next day she asked me where her triathlon shirt and shorts were.  We had to wash them that very moment as she needed to wear them all day, "so that everyone will know I am a triathloner!"

I have done some fun races myself and none of them compared to this moment.  I'm on the search for her next one and am keeping my fingers crossed that when she gets older she'll still love it and we can do races together.

Way to go Sarah Jane!  We are very proud of you!!

6 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Sarah you are awesome! Wish we could have been there to do it together. Next year we'll plan on doing one with all the cousins. Wouldn't that be fun?

Meg is proud of you and says, "good job, Sarah!"

Love you lots, you little triathloner!

Lisa-Marie said...

Sarah you are awesome! Wish we could have been there to do it together. Next year we'll plan on doing one with all the cousins. Wouldn't that be fun?

Meg is proud of you and says, "good job, Sarah!"

Love you lots, you little triathloner!

Greek Goddess said...

That's so coo! Way to go, Sarah.

Greek Goddess said...

I meant to write COOL not coo! :)

Taryn said...

How fun!!! I wish they did something like that where I live. Congratulations Sarah, you are awesome! Kim, you look great!

Stephanie said...

Cannot express how excited I was to see new blog posts!!! LOVE!! I had a great time visiting with your amazing family and getting to catch up with friends. You are an amazing Mom/Woman I am so lucky to have you as my friend...

LOVE Sarah and Luke; I could eat them they are so yummy. :)