Friday, July 8, 2011

Just For Fun...

We've been working with Sarah Jane on her letters and she's getting pretty good at them. She enjoys practicing in her workbook, but thinks it's even more fun when we use pudding. See that tongue there? My sisters and I, my mom, and my grandma all have that same trait when we're concentrating and I love that she does too.
Sarah has begun coloring inside the lines and all of a sudden has begun drawing things that actually look like what she's drawing. A couple of Sundays ago, I picked her up from Sunbeams and she was working on a picture that had about 9 faces on it. They actually looked like faces and I assumed that her teacher drew them for her, but no, it was all her. The cutest part was that she could tell us exactly who each and every one of the faces was.







We've been making and eating Popsicles like crazy. These ROYGBIV popsicles are the greatest. (don't add the fruit juice though--totally not needed!!!) There are still many of these in our summer plans as Idaho shows us just how hot the summers can get. :) We're trying to beautify our sad yard. It's working slowly but surely. We've planted a garden. It's growing and we're excited. Sarah calls us "farmer girls". It looks darling and I love staring at it out my kitchen window while I do dishes. Richard built a sandbox for the kiddos and they love, love, love it!


We're discovering that our grass is on top of rocks and the more we water the lawn, the more they rise to the top, so occasionally Richard and the kids head out and fill up buckets of these rocks. If only we were wealthy and could rip our entire yard out and begin anew...one day. :)

And Richard and Sarah had fun with her hair one evening after baths. She thought she looked fab-u-lous!!!!

0 comments: