Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me, and I Guess America Too :)

I say that jokingly, as I am so grateful for this wonderful country we live in, but for now my kids do think it's all about me and I think that's pretty fun!





I think this was one of my favorite birthdays. We had a lovely day biking, which makes any day better. We went to 2 different bagel shops because I had been planning on bagels for breakfast for days. Luckily we found one that was open and boy was it good. There's something about a sesame bagel smothered in cream cheese that just tastes so yummy. We met Cindy and Travis along the greenbelt and rode for hours. We took advantage of the kids getting along really well in the bike trailer and just kept going. We played at Municipal Park, then grabbed Subway for lunch and ate that at Julia Davis Park. Sarah decided to ride her coaster bike from there. We allowed it, assuming it would only last a few minutes, but boy did she surprise us AND make this bike loving mama, SO, SO PROUD!! She must have ridden her bike 4 miles. Those little legs were cruisin and everyone on the greenbelt thought she was darling--I agreed every single time! :) Finally after she kept complaining that her bum was hurting and she was dripping sweat we convinced her to get back in the trailer. She learned all of the greenbelt ettiquette and was quite the pro at moving over whenever she heard, "on your left".




After our bike riding outing that lasted 6 hours, we headed home where my fabulous husband presented me with an ice cream cake that he and Sarah made me. I am not much of a cake fan, but Richard doesn't think it's a birthday without it. I had mentioned that I had never had an ice cream cake but would enjoy that, so he whipped one up for me. After we had some pre-dinner cake, we headed to Cafe Rio and then met up with Cin and Travis again for the fireworks show. We met some of their friends who had spots saved right up front. It was amazing how cool they were on the front lines.




It was a perfect day!! 35 is going to be a good year!!!!





1 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

I still can't believe that Sarah rode so far. (Well, I can really. She is slightly strong willed! And see, it does come in handy sometimes!)

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful day! Just wish we were there.

Love you.